Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Psycho


Today I watched Psycho, Alfred Hitchcock's most influential thriller, and was amazed. I had totally forgotten how much I liked this film. Right from the opening scene with all the lines you can feel the suspense and tension that Hitchcock is know for!
Psycho has a great cast with:
Janet Leigh
Vera Miles
John Gavin
but the real show stopper was Anthony Perkins as the infamous Norman Bates!
Anthony Perkins played the role so well that he was called back for four sequels! He definitely made the movie for me, I mean Psycho would not be Psycho without the psycho right? He was so good when being sweet to Janet Leigh's character, Marion Crane, and was downright creepy when he broke the 4th wall during the final scene.
After watching this today, I realized this movie had to be a break from the traditional films from this era. Psycho took so many twists and turns, then ending with the bad guy dressing in drag and having a split personality really had to shock most viewers! Honestly though I love the ending more and more and I still chew my fingernails every time I watch the detective going into the house unsuspectingly.
This definitely made me want to watch a marathon of Alfred Hitchcock films so tomorrow it's definitely Rear Window!

No comments:

Post a Comment